We aim to foster a love of learning through an engaging, dynamic and purposeful curriculum. Launched in 2016, our Linden Curriculum, follows the National Curriculum 2014 and has been designed by staff and pupils to meet the needs and interests of all our learners. Collectively, we deliver stimulating first-hand learning experiences and passionately develop lifelong skills. Our pupils grow into resilient, independent and successful citizens of the future.
Our Curriculum is driven by a “Big Idea” and a leading question or statement which provides a purpose to the topics covered and aims to broaden and challenge the children’s thinking. The “Big Idea” is woven into the topic’s Learning Journey, which is planned around National Curriculum objectives and focuses on a progression of skills. Each topic is kick-started with an experiential ‘Launch’ and works towards an ‘Outcome.’ See the individual Year Group Topic Maps for details on the different curriculum topics.
2017-18 Whole School Overview
Although we have mapped out our overview for the year, the Linden Curriculum is flexible and responsive to the needs and interests of the children, therefore this overview is subject to change.
|EYFS||Funny Bones||Linden Bears Adventures||Fe Fi Fo Fum Let’s Grow and Have Some Fun! Land sea and air….How do we get there?|
|Year 1||Born to be wild||Dungeons and Dragons||Deckchairs & Donkeys|
|Year 2||Bear In The World||Blizzards, Bravery and The Bitter End||Green Fingers|
|You Rock My World||Glorious Gloucester|
|Year 4||Let Me Entertain You||Me, Myself and I||Earth Song|
|Year 5||Back To The Future||Who writes the History Book?||A Drop In Time|
|Year 6||I am the Master of my Own Fate||From Monkey to Me||Production linked|
- is broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills
- is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences
- is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests
- develops the whole person – spiritually, morally, socially and culturally
- encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom
- has a local, national and international dimension
- promotes British values
- has regard for the future and the needs of future generations
- makes meaningful links between areas of knowledge across the curriculum and the major issues of our time.
For the EYFS and KS1 we use LCP, Jolly Phonics and Floppy Phonics.
The reading scheme used in Key Stage 1 and 2 is Project X from the OUPress.
The maths curriculum is assisted using Numicon and interventions use Springboard Maths.